Friday, August 17, 2012

Welcome kindergarten families.  I have designed this blog with you and your child in mind.  I will be posting educational activities, articles and ideas for your use.  Please enjoy!

I will start by introducing myself.  I have taught at St. Croix Catholic School for 14 years. My passion is in teaching literacy in primary grades.  In the past, I have taught second and third grade in the country of Bahrain in the Arabian gulf.  I also taught first and sixth grade right here at SCCS. Currently, I am working on a graduate degree in curriculum and instruction with a reading endorsement.


Meet my family:



This is my husband Mike. We both have dedicated our careers to educating children.  We live in Lake Elmo and have two amazing children, Ryan and Reed.










 I just dropped Ryan off at soccer training camp for his junior year at UW Oshkosh. Even after three years, it is still an adjustment for me when he leaves home.  I empathize with  kindergarten parents dropping their child off in my classroom on the first day!






This is my youngest son, Reed.  He is a senior at Mahtomedi High School. Reed also plays soccer and has a love for music.  Both of my children went to SCCS.

No comments:

Post a Comment